Saturday, June 7, 2008

Konnichiwa from Hachinohe!

Annie and I are onsite in Hachinohe. We took the train from Sendai this morning (Saturday) and arrived quickly and safely. Four Chrisitans welcomed us at the train station. After delivering our suitcases to the building they took us to lunch and grocery shopping. The lunch was delicious and it was as close to American food as we could get in a Japanese restaurant in Japan. They ordered for us and so we didn:t even have a menu challenge. Now we are settling in to our new home.
We have many readers signed up to start on Tuesday morning. Please be praying for our readers' hearts, our recall of all we have studied and that God will give us the words to share
I am just so EXCITED! I will post a little about our time in Sendai later, but I will say that our time there was a blessing. I feel that God used that time to acclimate us to Japan and slowly get us ready for the language and cultural experiences.

3 Comments:

At June 7, 2008 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

i'm so excited for you!!! i'm a'pray'in! love ya

 
At June 10, 2008 at 4:02 AM , Blogger Kaeru said...

Thank you for showing a lot of pictures of your family.

Kansas is very far from Japan.
A large grain zone in the United States is imaged.

Wheat etc. suddenly rose to Japan now.
In Japan, supply of the food is not enough.

However, I am also surprised to hear wheat is similarly high.

The environmental disruption becomes serious.

I read your blog ahead.
If you are able to enjoy something enough at new home in Japan though it
is a short period of three weeks, I am very glad.

 
At June 12, 2008 at 7:25 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh Sissie! I know you and Annie will be blessed abundantly by this trip and I know God will bless the people there in Hachinohe by you two! We are praying!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home