Monday, June 29, 2009




















I made a comment to Jacqueline about Annie not "blogging" in such a long time and she reminded me that I hadn't blogged in a very long time either.


It has been a while - a very busy "while".


Part of my travels were with Annie in Wichita. She now lives there and will soon be Mrs. Jared Johnson. When I say that, I am overwhelmed! God, in His way and in His time has brought these two together. Annie's future mother-in-law, Lorana commented about how a little boy born in California grew up and now is to marry a girl born in Phillipsburg, Kansas. Their paths came close, but never crossed until the summer Annie went to Wichita to start work on her Master's Degree and now they are counting down the days (maybe hours for them) until Saturday, July 18, 2009 when they will become husband and wife.


It's been neat to see this highly organized, very efficient daughter of mine become this giggly, lighthearted woman in love whose focus is Jared and their wedding. I think she had to work very hard to stay focused in the final months of her school year. For many years we prayed for her and her future mate. As her Mother, I felt like she would be a great wife and mother and I just couldn't imagine God meant for her to spend her life alone. There were times when one of us was impatient and we would remind each other that God was in control and would work things out in His time.


Annie's time has come. All of us who know and love Annie, know that Jared was worth the wait. He loves Annie and has filled her life with love. More importantly, Jared loves the Lord and together they will serve God, have a Christ centered home and be great workers for Him and the Church!


I was with Annie in Hutchinson last week when she had some pictures taken for her Bridal Portrait. While I was zipping up her gown she made me promise not to cry. Let me tell you - I had to look away a couple of times and gather my composure lest I start crying! She looked so happy, so in love and I just can't describe how I felt....


Saturday will be a JOYFUL day, but I think some parents, some sisters and some other family and friends are going to shed some tears of happiness, joy and thanksgiving for the union in marriage of Annie and Jared.

1 Comments:

At July 13, 2009 at 4:47 PM , Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh, I am so thrilled for Annie and we can't wait to see you all on Saturday! The Lord's timing is perfect--we have seen that time and time again!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home