Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I have debated whether or not to "borrow" the idea of Annie's Top Five List which she "borrowed" from someone else - I guess I will...

These are things that I want to share with you about the church, the readers, the people and the country that I have learned or experience since I have been in Japan. I can understand why Pamela and Annie have a heart for Japan and its people. I have been amazed by so many things since our arrival a little over one week ago. I hope to add some pictures and will try to keep you updated.

TOP FIVE THINGS ABOUT THE CHURCH

1. No matter where you are, you can feel at home with God's people
2. It makes me feel good inside when handed a translated song sheet so I can join in
3. Communion with God and the church has no language but the language of the cross
4. Brothers and Sisters greet you like you are family, and you are
5. Christians enjoy visiting over a good meal

TOP FIVE THINGS ABOUT HACHINOHE

1. The Christians - amazing people with servant hearts
2. Reading sessions - getting to talk to & share with my readers
3. The Gardens - the most beautiful plants and flowers I have ever seen & there are fresh flowers in the building every day!
4. The food - gyoza, ramen, tempura and so many other great foods
5. Time with Annie - it does my heart good to share this time with her

TOP FIVE THINGS ABOUT SENDAI

1. The amazing Christian women (Debbie, Sasha, Yuko) who live and serve there
2. The Party with Readers
3. The food (and yes, I am attempting to eat with hashi or chopsticks)
4. The hospitality of Americans and Japanese who live there
5. Getting to be with Crimsen for a short time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home