Monday, August 8, 2011

Good Night Sweet Jeremiah

When my first grandchild was born, a co-worker told me that there was nothing like that first time you rocked a grandchild and sang "Jesus Loves Me" to them. I agree, but that wonderful feeling grows when you hear a grandchild sing "Jesus Loves Me" the first time. Now I have 4 grandchildren and I've discovered what makes that wonderful feeling transform into an AMAZING feeling.
I spent a week with Pamela and Sweet Jeremiah during July while Jeremy was at church camp. I had the honor of being a part of Jeremiah's bedtime routine. Every evening Pamela and Jeremy tuck Jeremiah in with a song and a prayer. Pamela asked me which song I would like to sing every night and I didn't pick until later in the week. The first song I picked was "God Is So Good". It expressed what I feel about God allowing me to witness the faith of my children with their children.
While our girls were growing up, we weren't consistent with bedtime devotionals & prayers with our girls. It makes my heart feel good when I know that Pamela and Jeremy tuck little Jeremiah in with a song and a prayer, teaching him that God is a part of their daily lives and striving to make Jeremiah see the importance of having God be a part of his daily life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home