Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I am thinking that one of the reasons God sent me to Hachinohe was to teach me some lessons for my own Christian walk. There are many things we are aware of, things that we know are in God's word but maybe we don't really know what God means or we just don't do them.
Two of my readers have asked about Mary being a servant of God and "what is servant?" I am convinced that the Japanese people know what it is to serve. During these discussions I had to dig deep to explain just what it meant to be a servant of God. God sent many thoughts my way!
*maybe before we can lead, we must first serve. Jesus told us the least would be the greatest
*serving does not come naturally - we must learn to serve
*as we learn to serve we become more like Jesus
*I don't think Jesus wants us to pick and chose who to serve - we must serve even those who make our
lives difficult

That:s my deep thinking for today - have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

At June 13, 2008 at 7:07 AM , Blogger RitaKay said...

Good thoughts, Sharlene. It just goes to show how we keep growing no matter what age we are.
We're praying for you and Annie's influence on the people there. I guess it's a given that they have an influence on your spiritual growth as well.
Love you, Rita.

 
At June 14, 2008 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Kaeru said...

Dear Sharlene San
I remembered a famous prayer of St Francis when I read your blog.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

I love this prayer.(^o^)
I believe you have a pure mind like
Saint Francis.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home