Friday, June 13, 2008

If you read my last two posts you had some serious reading! I have two stories to share which will make you smile and maybe even LAUGH out loud like Annie did - HA! HA!

THE FORK
On Monday evening the ladies of the church fixed supper for us after our reader orientation. I was wondering what the rules were for sitting at the table I did not need to worry my place was the ONLY one with both a fork and hashi or chopsticks. Everyone laughed and they were all surprised when I proceeded to eat with the chopsticks. (I have done fairly well and some foods are even easier to eat with chopsticks)

JAPANESE PLEASE
On Thursday one of the church ladies came to answer the phone, help us and to fix our noonday meal. It was delicious. I was trying to say "very good" in Japanese and butchering the phrase. She laughed out loud and said "I think your Japanese is like my English" (truthfully implying that neither one of us spoke the other:s language very well) We all had a good laugh!

2 Comments:

At June 16, 2008 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Amber said...

I am so excited to hear about your trip. I don't have a computer at home so I don't get to check my e-mail often. But I am so glad you included me,and I am thankful that you are in good hands. Love you, Amber

 
At June 18, 2008 at 5:56 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Keep the stories coming Sissie! I am glad you are blogging - you will have so many stories when you come home you wouldn't know where to begin!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home