Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Being a Grandmother is GREAT!

Tuesday, April 14
I'm a grandmother - actually I'm Gram Keesee. Bob, Annie and I were on our way to Chicago on Thursday when we received word that Chloe didn't wait for our arrival.

Chloe Mae Sikes arrived on April 9, 2009 at 6:58 p.m. She weighed in at 8 pounds and is 22 1/2 inches long. She has quite a bit of brown hair and her eyes are blue. Her eyes are already getting darker. She was a little jaundiced, but the numbers started down on Monday and she's doing great.

Mommy and Daddy are doing great! They are so cute with Chloe.

Everyone told me that being a grandparent was wonderful, amazing and many other adjectives, but I feel that there are no adequate words to describe the love, the awe, the emotions and the feeling of utter contentment that overwhelms you the first moment you lay eyes are that sweet little miracle! Grandchildren truly are a blessing from God!

I guess you can tell, I love being a grandmother and it was well worth the wait! Please keep Chloe and her Mommy and Daddy in your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home