Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A BIG THANK YOU TO MY SISTERS!




Over the last 8 1/2years my sister Brenda and her husband Norman have graciously shared their grandchildren with Bob and I. There were probably times that they would rather have had them at their house or even kept them to themselves, but they always shared.

We've had Megan and Clint over to spend the night. We've picked & Pitted cherries from our tree and then made pies together for 6 summers now. We make eggnog on New Year's Eve and take over to Grammy and Poppy's and watch a movie together with Grammy, Megan and Clint. We've taken road trips together, shopping trips, and trips out to the Stapel farm.

We haven't had as much time with Little Payton, their granddaughter from SE Kansas but Brenda and Norman are quick to share her on holidays and other visits home to P'Burg.

Kimberly and Brian have also shared Casen their only grandchild. When Casen was born last January, Kimberly was ill and unable to travel to meet her Grandbaby. She encouraged Brenda and I to go and meet Casen and do what we could for his family. So Brenda, Becky and I cooked up some food (casseroles, meatballs, etc.) and Brenda, Megan, Annie, Clint & I took off for Oklahoma. Kim didn't care that we met her grandbaby first, she was thankful that we could go and help get the house ready and encourage the new parents. I don't think she realized how much it meant to us for her to share with us!!

Bob and I have waited so long for a grandbaby - I think having Megan, Clint, Casen and Payton helped with our wait. It gave us someone to love and care about, someone to do things for and with to help fill up our hearts until we had our own grandbaby. So I say THANK YOU BRENDA & NORMAN, KIMBERLY & BRIAN for sharing your grandbabies and being so gracious to Bob and I. You gave us a chance to "practice" our grandparenting skills and gave us four fabulous children to love! You are welcome to share our granddaughter anytime and I know you'll come to love her as much as we love your grandkids!

Those four also got Bob his first "grandpa" hat and me my first "Grandma" shirt - we will wear them proudly!
I'm in Chicago and don't have pictures of our great nieces and nephews so I decided to share a few of Chloe and her grandparents!

4 Comments:

At April 16, 2009 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Brenda Collins said...

Oh what a grandma you will make! I am so thankful all has gone well! I love your whole family! Eat up this next week and 1/2 iwth your grandbaby!!!

 
At April 16, 2009 at 7:13 PM , Blogger Brendakaye said...

I should be and am thanking you and Bob for all the love and attention, affection, devotion you have given my grandkids, I have always known if I can't be there and you can, you would fill in for me and I truly appreciate it. I am so blessed with my family, I don't know what I would do without all of you!!!

 
At April 16, 2009 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Ditto, I don't know what I would have done with you two and Clint and Megan going to Oklahoma and giving Casen and his parents some TLC when I couldn't! Thank you - Of course, I am anxious to get to love your new grandbaby and we will treasure her as much as we do all the grands!

 
At April 21, 2009 at 4:28 AM , Blogger PS, God Loves You said...

Sharlene,

You have the most amazing heart! You are a description of what the Bible refers to as "LOVING-KINDNESS". I see it in you! I see it in Bob! It's been passed on to your three girls: Annie, Pam, and Jacqueline. Now, I am confident that I will see it in our grandaughter Chloe Mae.
She is so blessed to have you and Bob as grandparents! Thank you for letting your light shine in such a remarkable way. I love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home